Go to Recipe ...
The Pancit Bihon Recipe (or Bihon Guisado) is no doubt one of the most popular pancit recipes here in the Philippines. Just like the Pancit Canton, the Siomai, and Siopao, this noodle dish also came from the Chinese and eventually became a household favorite. The Pancit Bihon is always served during special occasions like birthday parties, anniversaries, and other special gatherings simply because this pancit (noodle) dish is a strong symbol of “long life” for us Filipinos.
The Pancit Bihon or Bihon Guisado is very easy to prepare. For this recipe, I am going to teach you the simplest way how to prepare and cook this popular noodle dish. But, first let us prepare the ingredients. We will need a pack of Bihon or rice sticks (available in grocery stores and supermarkets), some chicken meat and pork, some squid balls, some vegetables like cabbage, celery, and carrots. We will also need a large pot and some water. Cooking Pancit Bihon is very quick and easy. If you know how to sauté and simmer then you will surely enjoy this Pancit Bihon Recipe.
Here is my special Pancit Bihon Recipe. Enjoy cooking!
- 1 pack Pancit Bihon (Rice Noodles)
- 1/2 lb pork, diced or cut into small pieces
- 1/2 lb chicken cooked and deboned. Cut into small pieces.
- 2 pieces Chinese sausage chopped thinly
- 6 pieces squid balls
- 1 medium carrot sliced thinly into strips
- 1 small cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup celery leaves, chopped
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pc chicken cube
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 to 4 cups water
- Place the Pancit Bihon in a container and soak in water for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Saute garlic and onion in a large pot.
- Add the chicken, pork, squid balls, and Chinese sausage and cook for 2 minutes
- Add water and chicken cube then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the carrots, cabbage, and celery leaves. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Remove all the ingredients except for the liquid left and set aside.
- Using the same pot with the leftover liquid, add the soy sauce and mix well.
- Add the pancit bihon and mix well. Cook until liquid evaporates completely.
- Add the meat and vegetables that were set aside previously. Cook for a minute or two.
- Add chicken liver to your Pancit Bihon. Try it!
Would you like to add something to this recipe? For suggestions and comments, feel free to write it in the comments section below. We love to hear from you!